Kris Spisak’s editing clients have gained literary agents and become Amazon best-sellers. Are you ready to elevate your story?
Contest runs June 23 – July 1, 2016
What is a Substantive Edit of your Novel?
A Substantive Edit (heavy edit) involves an examination of clarity, logic, structure, and pacing, as well as plot, character, and setting development. More than a basic proofread, a substantive edit focuses on word usage, tone, style, voice, and total writing strength. Notes will be given on a page by page basis, and overall project commentary will also be included.
The Substantive Edit for this giveaway will also include the identification and correction of typographical errors, punctuation errors, and grammar flaws.
Fiction Edit Giveaway Rules:
- A 50-page edit includes up to 12,500 words.
- Fiction manuscripts only.
- Editing will begin no sooner than 7/5/16 and will be returned to the author within two weeks of the start date.
- Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Contest sign-up includes registration to Kris Spisak’s quarterly writing tips newsletter.
- Additional social actions can earn more entries!
Learn more about Kris’s editing and what her past clients have to say here.